McCarthy Duffy manages civil litigation on behalf of its clients in both federal and state courts at all levels. In addition to trying cases at the trial court level, the firm also handles appeals.
McCarthy Duffy’s attorneys have represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of cases. Sample litigation matters include:
- Commercial litigation, including shareholder disputes and breach of contract claims, including non-compete matters
- Collections, landlord-tenant matters, forcible entry and detainer actions, and other real estate disputes
- Insurance-related matters
- Arbitrations and other alternative dispute resolution processes
- Estate litigation, including probate disputes, will contests, and litigation involving claims and other issues
- Chancery disputes involving specific performance, declaratory judgments, accountings, and temporary and permanent injunctions
- Imposition of constructive trusts
- Commercial mortgage foreclosures
McCarthy Duffy is also experienced in handling appeals in both federal and state appellate courts. Our attorneys are licensed to practice before the the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the United States Tax Court as well as the Illinois Supreme and Appellate courts. We also handle appeals of the rulings of administrative agencies to the Circuit Court under the Administrative Review Act.