New Firm Positioned to Offer Clients a Broader Range of Legal Support and Business Advice –
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS (April 1, 2015) – The partners of McCarthy Duffy LLP and the members of Woodvale Partners, LLC announced the combination of their law practices to create a new law firm focused on providing its clients an edge in the ever-evolving and competitive legal market. The new firm will be known as:McCarthy Duffy LLP.
The combined firm represents the union of McCarthy Duffy LLP, a firm that traces its roots to 1886 with extensive experience counseling individual and business clients in a wide range of legal services, and Woodvale Partners, LLC, a practice founded in 2004 serving entrepreneurs, early and growth stage companies, and the individual and institutional investors that support them.
Both firms have a tradition of providing expert legal services to their clients, while maintaining cost-effective rate structures far below those of larger law firms. The new McCarthy Duffy LLP is uniquely positioned through its experience with individuals, businesses and investors to continue to offer clients top-quality legal services and value-added business advice.
McCarthy Duffy LLP connects clients to the skill and expertise of 12 talented lawyers and professionals in four locations – in downtown Chicago, Oak Brook, Skokie and Palos Park.“The new firm enables us to continue to provide our growing client base with our same high quality service in a broader array of practice areas and more depth in delivering multi-faceted legal services,” – said Robert F. Smith, Partner.
McCarthy Duffy LLP will maintain its commitment to clientele by remaining agile and responsive to the needs of a wide-ranging spectrum of clients of all sizes, including, individuals, entrepreneurs, small businesses, financial institutions, private equity and venture capital funds and midsized private companies.
“Our mission statement in combining these firms ultimately has our clients in mind. The merger will expand our depth of attorneys and practice areas to provide focused and high quality services to our clients while maintaining our respective historically low cost structure to deliver services at rates well below that of our competitors,” – commented Terrence L. Schaul, Partner.
Please familiarize yourself with the depth of practice areas Robert Smith, Tom Cox, David Lobdell, Debbie Bencik Briggs and Karen Kapp bring from Woodvale Partners, LLC to strengthen and complement the practices of the professionals and staff of McCarthy Duffy LLP.
McCarthy Duffy LLP
McCarthy Duffy LLP is a Chicago-based law firm with broad experience counseling individual and business clients. We offer a unique combination of legal and business services spanning mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, business development, venture management, taxation, real estate, banking, commercial disputes, estate planning and related disciplines. McCarthy Duffy LLP serves clients throughout the Chicago metropolitan area and the United States from offices in the Loop, Oak Brook, Skokie and Palos Park.
Creative Legal Solutions and Vigorous Representation
McCarthy Duffy LLP’s lawyers can address a wide range of legal issues on behalf of individuals, business owners and other parties:
- The business law attorneys at McCarthy Duffy LLP provide assistance in matters involving business formation, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, business development, venture management, investment management, taxation and other areas.
- In addition, McCarthy Duffy LLP provides a complete range of real estateservices, including leasing, acquisitions, planning, sales and financing.
- The firm regularly serves as outside counsel to banks in secured and unsecured lending, workouts, collections, garnishments, citations, check collection, commercial matters and defense work.
- Trial lawyers at the firm have a record of success in complex litigationinvolving disputes in federal and state courts at all levels.
- In the area of estate planning, the firm drafts wills, creates trusts, provides business succession planning services and other services. It also provides efficient and cost-effective probate and estate administration services.
A Long Tradition of Service
A hallmark of McCarthy Duffy LLP is its remarkable stability and longevity. The firm and its predecessors have practiced law in Chicago since 1886. McCarthy Duffy LLP looks forward to providing you with the cost-effective legal support that has characterized the firm and its predecessors throughout the previous 125 years.